Thursday, January 1, 2015

And Now We Welcome The New Year, Full Of Things That Have Never Been

There's something about a new year and a blank calendar, brimming with untold possibilities that I absolutely love. In fact, January 1st of every year, you can find me in my office, washi tape and Sharpie precision pens in had, prepping the new calendar for the upcoming year and day-dreaming about all of the adventures waiting to be had. 


I don't usually make New Year's resolutions because I, like most people, find myself giving up on them too soon. However, when the end of the year rolls around I inevitably find myself wishing that the past had been just a smidge different. 

Something about writing it down and putting it 'out there' holds a person accountable, and so while I've still set a few specific goals I'd love to reach in 2015, I think this year I'm going to try something new and focus instead of just one little word: Intention.


I want to be intentional with my 'me time' and spend more time adventuring and dancing in the living room with my love, and less time 'Netflix-ing' and 'social media-ing.'

As Reg & I move toward our second wedding anniversary, I want to be intentional about our marriage and continue to build a strong foundation that will last all of our lives. 

I want to be intentional about the words I choose to speak, and make them sweeter. 

Rather than focus on numbers on a scale, I want to be intentional about the foods I choose to consume, and strive to be a healthier version of myself.

And, most importantly, I want to be intentional about my relationship with Jesus, and draw closer to Him. 

 What about you? Have you made any resolutions or goals for the New Year?

I hope 2015 is brimming with magic and dreams and good madness for each of us. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful. And I hope, somewhere in this next year, we all surprise ourselves.
 post signature

6 comments:

  1. Congrats sweetheart!!! I'm super proud of you and can't wait to read more about our adventures! Keep the blogging coming!!!

    I love you sweetheart!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, babe! I love you.

      Delete
  2. Yay! I hope this works! If not I'll have to check on the computer in the morning! Lol love you GUBFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so amazing with words! Seriously, I think you could write a whole book of mundane and random events and I would completely eat it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I love that! Thanks, Lacey; that is so sweet! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!