Saturday, January 10, 2015

Black Tulle & Leopard Is Never Not A Good Idea

As it turns out, when you get married, those regular date nights you and your beloved grew accustomed to aren't quite so regular anymore. It's not intentional, or even a necessarily bad thing. Maybe you just get swamped with homework. 
Maybe your husband is exhausted after flying all week and working 12 hour days.
Maybe it's because there's this thing called yoga pants, and those little bitches are irresistibly comfy. 

Whatever the reason, Reg and I had yet to make it out to dinner to celebrate the New Year, so last night I took matters into my own hands and met Reg at the door as he came home from work with my heels on, a kiss, and a "Get dressed, we're going out." 

Black tulle and leopard is never not a good idea. 
Coincidentally, he had secret plans of his own and, after making a quick stop after work, met me at the door, DVD in hand, with a movie he knew I'd been wanting to see which resulted in the dream date night: a lovely dinner out and yoga pants. 

Cactus Flower's legendary Santa Fe Chimi with cilantro rice: get in my life! 

Jack & Coke for him. Moscato D'Asti for me. Comfy pants for all. 

I kind of lucked out with this man. He's a keeper. 

As if that weren't enough excitement for one weekend, we're looking forward to a game night with dear friends this evening. Do you have any special weekend plans? 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!