Thursday, January 15, 2015

Spring {Cleaning, That Is} Came Early!

Magazine articles and Pinterest links touting advice on how to organize your junk drawer always make me laugh; as though I only have one junk drawer. I always try my best to keep a clean home because I start to get bitchy cranky when it's a mess; true story, just ask Reg! 
Everyone has heard the age-old saying: "A place for everything and everything in its place, unless you want me to poison your cupcakes." Or something like that. 
However, even those of us with Type A personalities have at least a few areas that we're ashamed to shed light on; those places where life's odds & ends (or perhaps an excessive shoe collection) just sort of pile up - until now, that is! Spring came early to the Williams' house this year, or rather Spring cleaning did, and we spent this week putting together new shelves for the garage, reorganizing the junk drawers and cleaning out closets - oh, did I clean out closets! 
It took a few hours, three $14 shoe racks from Walmart, twelve baskets for the top shelf and several trips to the local GoodWill to make donations, but I finally tamed the secret monster in our closet and transformed it from this...


to this...



I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I'm even more pleased with the purge of old clothing I never wore, which means that now I get to go shopping for new clothes I'll never wear. Kidding. (Probably.)

But honestly, the best part is the fact that even though it may look like I still have too many shoes, Reg can't say a word about it because I'm not even the partner in this marriage with the excessive shoe collection...

Nope, I wasn't joking. 
Marriage ProTip: To avoid a lifetime of sighs, eye-rolls, and impatiently tapped feet, marry a man who a.) you love,  b.) treats you well, and c.) also enjoys shopping. 
You can thank me later. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!